SEAMLESS

but changing michael masi will not fix the problem," he explained to sky sports f1.

"this is way too big a job for one person to handle a 23-race season.

“ if masi stays, needs a lot of support around him – i suspect that is what they are looking at, at the moment.

Lewis Hamilton will be made to wait until March 18 — two days before the start of the new season in Bahrain — to hear the result of Formula One's investigation into how he lost the world title in contentious circumstances in Abu Dhabi.

The new FIA president, Mohammed Ben Sulayem, was elected to replace the outgoing Jean Todt last month and has made resolving the farcical end to last season as his top priority.

Red Bull driver Verstappen was able to take advantage of fresh tyres to pass Hamilton on the final lap and win his first world championship.

In a statement, the FIA's first on the subject since it initially announced the investigation three days after the Abu Dhabi GP, said "the outcome of the detailed analysis will be presented to the F1 Commission in February," with the “ final decisions announced at the World Motor Sport Council in Bahrain on 18 March ” – more than three months after the 2021 season ended.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff (left) will speak to new F1 ruler Mohammed Ben Sulayem (right) to discuss the farcical conclusion to last season

'On January 19, an item on the agenda of the Sporting Advisory Committee will be dedicated to the use of the safety car.

Hamilton, who turned 37 last week, remains disillusioned with F1 following the FIA race director Michael Masi's handling of a safety car restart in the concluding moments of the race at the Yas Marina circuit.

Lewis Hamilton faces a two-month wait to discover the outcome of the FIA's inquiry into the conclusion of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which denied him a record eighth world title.

Formula One's sporting federation revealed on Thursday – nearly five weeks after Max Verstappen was controversially crowned champion – that their decision will not be announced until 18 March.

Mercedes will demand that Masi (above) is sacking over the lapped cars call in Abu Dhabi

Mohammed Ben Sulayem, a 61-year-old rally driver from Dubai, was voted president of the governing FIA in December, and at the top of his in-tray is the debacle in Abu Dhabi.

A source told Sportsmail : 'The Abu Dhabi matter is the first issue on the new president's agenda.

He wants to come up with a response.

Stay up to date with our posts

Seamless Daily is an innovative news platform that is updated 24/7 to help you keep up to date with all the current events around the globe.

Our team of professional editors as well as our state-of-the-art artificial intelligence platforms ensure that our curation is accurate, fact-checked, and trustworthy.

Click here to subscribe

Read more

Ovo workers are 'devastated' by 1,700 staff axe plan

Jason Momoa, 42, and Lisa Bonet, 54, not been seen on a red carpet together for almost two years

Prince Andrew's military affiliations and royal patronages returned to the Queen