Prosecutors are '100% sure' convicted Christian Brueckner 'murdered Madeleine McCann'
By SEAMLESS DAILY
09 October 2021
Prosecutors investigating the Madeleine McCann case have said they are certain suspect Christian Brueckner murdered her.
German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolter said investigators have enough evidence to bring a charge against the suspect but want to "strengthen their position" first.
but as brueckner is already in jail for separate offences the team are hoping to bring charges against the 44-year-old next year after taking time to gather as much evidence as possible before bringing it to court.
Maddie disappeared aged three from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Algarve, on May 3, 2007.
addressing madeleine's parents kate and gerry mccann, he said : "we are confident we have the man who took and killed your daughter."
'It is now possible that we could charge.
"But it's not just about charging him – we want to charge him with the best body of evidence possible.
"when we still have questions, it would be nonsense to charge rather than wait for the answers that could strengthen our position."
wolters said we ’ ll investigate as long as there are leads or information for us to pursue.
Evidence being investigated includes a "confession" Brueckner made to a pal and phone analysis showing he was at the Ocean Club when the toddler vanished.
'if we had a video of the act or a picture of madeleine dead with brueckner on camera, we wouldn't have had to make a public appeal.
Mr Wolters said they have no idea how she died and no DNA or photo evidence linking the German sex offender to the alleged murder.
Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.
"I can't tell you on which basis we assume she is dead.
But for us, there ’ s no other possibility.
There is no hope she is alive."
However, the prosecutors now admit they have no proof Madeleine is dead – despite authorities in Braunschweig telling the McCanns last year that they had "evidence" she is no longer alive.
wolters asked for 'patience' with the investigation and said 'we have time on our hands."
But we only have circumstantial evidence. ” Brueckner was living in a camper van close to Praia da Luz when Madeleine disappeared.
i personally think a conclusion will be reached next year.
"All I can do is ask for your patience.
police first became aware of him as a suspect in 2017 but only went public with it last june.
He said it is likely Brueckner will be charged early next year, along with other offences including the rape of an Irish woman in the Algarve in 2004.
Asked if he was happy with the pace of the Madeleine probe, Mr Wolters said : "It could have gone better.
When Madeleine went missing, Brueckner was just out of jail for petrol theft.
He said they had found no evidence that would clear Brueckner of suspicion.
"everything we 've found fits in the picture.
we ’ re perhaps halfway through, ” he said.
the 44-year-old german is currently serving seven years in prison for rape.
I think the interest in the case in Portugal is just not that big, because no Portuguese person is involved.
brueckner denies being involved in madeleine's disappearance and has refused to speak to police.
He told the Mirror the team were "100 per cent convinced" that the British girl was killed by Brueckner, who is a convicted paedophile.
They named Christian Brueckner as the prime suspect in June last year and now say they are '100 % certain' he killed her.
Stay up to date with our posts
Seamless Daily is an innovative news platform that is updated 24/7 to help you keep up to date with all the current events around the globe.
Our team of professional editors as well as our state-of-the-art artificial intelligence platforms ensure that our curation is accurate, fact-checked, and trustworthy.