Sinead O’Connor’s teenage son Shane dies as she pays tribute to ‘light of my life’...
By SEAMLESS DAILY
08 January 2022
Sinead O'Connor has shared a heartbreaking message after the death of her son Shane.
The singer announced the news on Twitter in the early hours of 8 January, writing : "My beautiful son, Nevi'im Nesta Ali Shane O ’ Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God.
"May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example.
I love you so much.
please be at peace." later she tweeted a bob marley song with the caption : "this is for my shaney.
the teen had been missing since thursday, with police launching an appeal to find him.
"Shane, your life is precious.
god didn't chisel that beautiful smile on your beautiful face for nothing," she tweeted.
"My world would collapse without you.
You are my heart.
Go to the Gardai and let ’ s get you to hospital.
shane, it's not funny any more all this going missing.
You are scaring the crap out of me.
Could you please do the right thing and present yourself at a Gardai station.
Shane was last seen in the Tallaght area of Dublin on Friday morning.
"Following the recovery of a body in the Bray area of Wicklow on Friday 7 January 2022, a missing person appeal in respect of Shane O'Connor, 17 years, has been stood down," a spokesperson told the Irish Mirror.
The "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer has three other children, Jake, 34 ( from her marriage to music producer John Reynolds ), Roisin, 25 ( with journalist John Waters ) and Yeshua, 14 ( with businessman Frank Bonadio ).
sinead o'connor ’ s 17-year-old son has died, two days after he was reported missing.
Former Pogues member Cáit O'Riordan tweeted : "I'm so sorry Sinead".
*If you 're struggling and need to talk, the Samaritans operate a free helpline open 24 on 116 123.
Police confirmed the news of the teenager's death on Saturday.
Officers had said they were "concerned for Shane's welfare" and issued multiple appeals for information.
At the time, the singer had posted heartfelt messages on social media asking her son to contact her.
The Gardaí have confirmed that the search for the 17-year-old has ended.
The lamp of my soul.
We will always be together.
No boundary can separate us."
No further action is required and no further information is available at this time."
"An Garda Síochána would like to thank the media and public for their assistance in this matter.
Stay up to date with our posts
Seamless Daily is an innovative news platform that is updated 24/7 to help you keep up to date with all the current events around the globe.
Our team of professional editors as well as our state-of-the-art artificial intelligence platforms ensure that our curation is accurate, fact-checked, and trustworthy.